Why Lutron Electronics Serena Shades?
Serena® makes remote controlled motorized roller and honeycomb shades an accessible do-it-yourself solution for your home. Our battery-powered shades are a high-tech automated solution for your windows that offer the ultimate in convenience and can save you energy. Choose Lutron Serena® Shades for affordable luxury and cutting edge technology for the windows in your home.
Lutron Electronic Serena® and Technology for Your Home
- Ultra-quiet Serena® shades offer the ultimate in convenience with cutting edge technology because they can be operated using remote controls in a room or by using a smart device and the Lutron app anywhere in the world.
- Serena® cordless motorized shades are battery-powered which means low maintenance, reliability, wire-free design and easy installation.
- Complete light control is possible using a combination of Lutron Serena® Shades to manage daylight and Lutron's Caséta™ Wireless line of dimming products to manage electric light.
- The advanced technology of automated Serena® shades, Caséta™ lighting controls, and the Lutron Smart Bridge provides a simple DIY luxury solution at an affordable price!
- Lutron's proprietary radio frequency (RF) technology means flawless operation without line-of-sight communication. Draperies or other coverings won't block the signal and cell phones or other wireless devices won't interfere.
- Lutron technology ensures shades move at the same speed for a clean unified look inside and outside your home.
- With our ultra-efficient drive technology, Serena shades feature industry-leading battery performance with store bought batteries, so replacing batteries will be a rarity. The type of shade, the shade size and the fabric selected determine whether Serena Shades use AA Lithium or D Alkaline batteries and battery life. The number of batteries a shade requires is published during the design process, at the shopping cart, and in your order confirmation.
- Easy maintenance: Serena®'s exclusive headrail and bracket design make for easy and quick battery changes; no need to remove the shade!
Fabrics and Styles
- Serena® roller and honeycomb style shades are available in over 150 fabric choices to fit your tastes and match your application needs.
- Serena® fabrics are offered in opacities from sheer to room darkening, in many colors and decorative textures with some fire-rated materials, adding a signature look to any space.
Energy Savings with Lutron Electronic Serena® Insulating Honeycomb Shades
- Lowering Serena® Insulating Honeycomb Shades in the summer prevents the sun’s harsh rays from heating up a room (causing A/C to work overtime) and raising them in the winter captures heat from the same rays.
- The measure of thermal resistance (R-Value) varies depending on the style of Serena® honeycomb shades chosen. The greater the R-value, the more effective the product. A typical double-pane window has an R-value of 2.0.
Control Lights and Shades with your Smartphone
With the Smart Bridge connected to your internet router and the free Lutron App, you can operate Lutron Serena shades (and Caséta Wireless smart lighting) from IOS devices including Apple Watch, as well as Android devices. Lutron was one of the first Apps to be available for the new Apple Watch wearable.
With the Lutron App you can:
- Control lights and shades from wherever you are – office, airport, beach or home.
- Add scenes to control multiple lights and shades together – create a “movie” scene to dim lights and close shades for the perfect home theater experience
- Schedule lights and shades to adjust automatically at any time of day
- Talk to Siri at home on iOS devices to control HomeKit-enabled Lutron Serena Shades and Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting
- Caséta Wireless smart lighting offers convenient control of your lights. Add the Lutron App and Smart Bridge to use your smart device. We offer a variety of dimmers, remotes, and kits for lamps and lights that pair perfectly with Serena shades using a similar design aesthetic.
- For more information visit www.Casétawireless.com