Generators and Winter Months
Why is a good backup power system a smart choice for a homeowner? If power outages have ever left you frozen in fear of what you may lose during those dark moments, fear no more, Home Town Services offers installation of your backup generator systems.
It is important to hire licensed and bonded electricians to install your standby generator. Home Town Services are master electricians who are licensed by the state of Georgia. It is vital to have an experienced professional do this for you because much can go wrong and can even turn deadly if not done correctly. Permanent standby generators can back-feed into the power lines and could result in accidents that could possibly injure someone.
If you remember the ice storm of Atlanta earlier this year, thousands of people were stranded without power in their homes and other facilities. Without a backup, the safety and well-being of your family can be jeopardized. Here are a few positive things that come with having a backup electrical system.
- Uninterrupted use of important appliances such as medical equipment.
- Continuous use of hard-wired systems such as furnaces, well pumps and air conditioners.
- Adds to your home’s resale value.
- Prevent freezing of your home’s plumbing by keeping your furnace going.
- Saves food in the freezer and refrigerator.
- Keeps your communications going with cell phones, computers, television; giving you access to emergency information and resources.
Lastly, according to the 2014 Cost vs. Value report compiled by Remodeling.hw.net, purchasing a backup generator you will recoup 67.5% of your cost during the life of your generator. Not only is it safe, but it is a good investment for your home.